event series curated with Rhiannon Jones and Ben Owen, 2015-16
Events & Programmes
Richard Long Programme, Arnolfini
Guest curators for live events programme in response to Long's exhibition:
- Saisonscape: Decay featuring Sarah Angliss & Hoofus
- Lisa Busby: De-Skill and Scavenge - New Recipes for Songs workshop
- Folklore Tapes: storytelling, experimental shadow play and improvised music
- Andrew Kotting: By Ourselves - film screening & in conversation
- Matt Davies and Milo Newman: By the Mark the Deep installation
Amalgams, John Wesley Chapel
Uniting live improvised music and experimental moving image for a newly commissioned collaborative performance event as part of the Art Weekender Bristol & Bath. Featuring music from Tina Hitchens, Liam McConaghy, Ellen Southern & choir, Dominic Lash and Hannah Marshal with experimental films curated by Kim Knowles and installation by Rod Maclachlan. "This is the kind of event that Weekenders are made for: experimental and artist-initiated performances or installations in unusual spaces." Lizzie Lloyd, Frieze Online
Penda’s Fenn with live music by Woven Skull & Phil Owen, Cube Cinema
Film screening of BBC’s visionary 1974 Play for Today film exploring the ancient mysteries of English landscape with live performances.
The Lost City of Dunwich, Cafe Kino
Live music and sound performances and conversations about lost cities and all things coastal from Laura Cannell, Rhodri Davies, Matt Davies and Milo Newman.